Most of us are worried about hair fall, especially men. Hair loss after surgery, it is even more depressing. In appreciating the hair of the beloved – how many novels, how many poems, how much love that has been composed, only the truth bears the pages of history. To express her love, Della didn’t hesitate to sell her so….long hair for Jim. Now the thought may come, where does our discarded hair go? Yes, they come back to us as hair, but in a slightly different presentation. Which, we jokingly call fake hair.
Okay, now let’s come to the point. Hair can be fallen for various reasons. As a result of poor nutrition, or due to dirt on the scalp or various illnesses the hair lost its power. Many people think, whether hair loss after surgery. So, It should be remedied in advance. The proverb says that a patient cures 90%, applying good words. we’ll know details about the hair loss in this article.
Can Hair Loss Affect You After Surgery?
This fear works in most people’s minds, whether or not a hair will grow back after surgery. That means, will the hair regrow? To find out the answer to why the hair falls or is delayed to raise, first understand the normal hair cycle. Scientifically 100 hairs fall daily. And the rate of change can be many factors, including surgery.
Hair has 3 phases:
- Anagen (Growth Phase)
- Catagen (Transition Phase) and
- Telogen (Resting Phase)
No reason to worry. According to many experts, after a stress-like surgery, it takes 3-6 months to recover, even maybe 1 year. Just, be patient with confidence.
Understanding The Loss of Hair cycle
In the above, we already know that there are three phases for hair growth. We are now trying to learn something briefly.
- Anagen Phase – It’s the active phase of the hair growth cycle. In this episode, the hair grows to 1 cm long per month. The follicle (cell gland) allows itself to reach the dermal gland to nourish. This process lasts between 2 – 6 years.
- Catagen Phase – This step is called a transitional or renew phase. The follicle is compressed and divided from the base so that they do not get the required nutrients. At this stage, the hair does not grow and lasts two weeks.
- Telogen phase – It’s called the rest or shading phase. Its cell grand lasts for 3 to 6 months. At a certain time, the hair will break down from the roots. Within two weeks, the episode ends with another new shaft.
Note: And this is how the hair cycle continues
Possible Causes of Hair Loss
- Family Background. Hair loss after surgery depends a lot on the hormonal and family background. With aging, the hair volume decreases, and women’s hair becomes thinner. Even if there are sores and itching on the scalp it also falls.
- Acute Emotional Stress- If there is always mental stress, Telogen-Effluvium can be seen(I’ll discuss later). This event may occur about 3 months later.
- Poor Nutrition- Lack of protein, iron, vitamins, and zinc, inhibits hair growth. As well as the quality and quantity of hair tend to lose and be damaged.
- Uses of Regular Drugs- Long-term use of various drugs can also affect the hair.
- Weight Loss- Sudden weight loss is a sign of losing something
- Environmental Situation- Sometimes hair can fall out due to high temperature, dust, work area, and use of non-branding chemical products.
Different Types of Hair Loss or Baldness
Baldness appears if hair loss in a regular way after surgery. In men and women, there is a noticeable difference in hair volume. The scalp can be empty in two ways – Alopecia Areata( absence of hair in a partial part) or Alopecia Totalis ( absence of hair in the full scalp). And Alopecia Universalis is a very dangerous part, absence of hair in the full body with the scalp. Let’s know about different types of hair loss.
- Androgenic / Androgenetic Alopecia. It’s normally seen in both males ( losing hair called male pattern alopecia) and females (called female pattern alopecia). In America, 50 million men and 30 million women are affected by this type. For genetic reasons, hair breaks down with thinness and weakening from adolescents. Women are less likely to have baldness than men. Its shape looks like the alphabet M.
- Alopecia Areata – also known as spot baldness. It looks like a coin. It is found in different parts of the head. Basically, it causes autoimmune disorder (immune attacks the inner cell by mistake, instead of serving the protection from bacteria).
- Telogen Effluvium Men- Telogen effluvium is the entry of many hairs at the rest phase of hair cycle, called Telogen. Saying the next level doesn’t start, the hair begins to fall out. This condition begins after 3 months of surgery. Imbalance of thyroid, fever, delivery, and surgical treatment is the main issue for Telogen effluvium. It is also for a lack of vitamins and minerals. Hair begins to grow within 6 months otherwise, it can be a minimum of 1 year.
- Alopecia Totalis- Total clear of the scalp. Its reason is unclear but maybe for autoimmune.
Frequently Asked Questions That in Your Mind
Can Anesthesia impact my hair loss after surgery?
Yes, Doctors use anesthesia to retain you from pain. The use of pain relievers, not only blocks the neural signals of the whole body but also hair cell division. Only the breathing part is allowed then. After then, you may notice some changes in you, as the body faces lacking nutrients.
How can I understand about hair loss?
It’s normal to get up to 100 hairs daily. But too much falling can be alarming. At least 3 consecutive days, try knitting the hair that is on the pillows, or towels or comb. Or try to pull with your finger, if it comes one fourth then understand there is a problem.
How to Prevent Hair Loss after Surgery and Grow up a Lot?
There is no magical method to grow hair overnight. The process of new hair growth is normally long. But by following some rules you can stop excessive hair falling.
- The hair is also impacted by protein, so take balanced diet food that contains protein, iron, vitamin C, D, calcium, and zinc. Fortified milk, cheese or orange juice and beef, lamb, spinach, pumpkin seeds are good for hair health.
- According to doctors’ recommendations, take some food supplements like iron, folic acid, biotin, omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acids, and zinc. There’s no need if you get the proper nutrition from your food.
- For maintaining the normal flow of blood to the hair gland, please sometimes do a message.
- Abstain from excessive heat on hair and skin. Do not tie the bend on the hair.
- Use a shampoo that is rich in vitamin E or keratin. Must be doctor prescribed.
- Quit smoking. It will be good for your health.
- By using a cap, protect hair from the extreme sunlight.
- When pulling, use a wide-toothed comb.
- Avoid this type of method: hot rollers, curling irons, hot oil treatments.
- Ignore the tension and make a sound sleep.
Natural Healthy Hair Care Tips that You Shouldn’t Do.
- Many think that the scalp gets a better situation if it is shaken at 5 times a day. Rather than, it is likely to diminish.
- If the hair is discarded more times, the follicle is lost.
- There is no chance to grow hair after applying oil. It will help you to fresh and smooth hair.
- Slightly hit oil messaging on the scalp, damages the follicle. But at normal temperature, it increases the blood circulation of the hair base.
- The women think the hair will be in a good position if they go to bed with tight hair. For this, it pulls the base of the scalp and helps to lose.
So, do not tensed about loss of hair after surgery. Abide by the rules and take good food to get proper nutrition.